About the Company
4C2 is currently seeking an APPRENTICE. The Apprentice will be responsible for assisting craft workers with a variety of basic physical tasks. They may carry tools and materials or help set up equipment. Depending on the trade, individuals may assist with installs, repairs, maintenance, and inspections, all of which include the use of or being around heavy equipment, machinery, or hazardous substances and materials.
About the Role
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following Essential Duties satisfactorily.
1. Depending on the state/city requirements, you may be required to actively pursue a four-year
apprenticeship through an accredited program; while gaining field experience. Apprentices will
participate in trade-specific installations and tasks with the Journeyman/Supervisor
a. Must be able to obtain and or hold an active apprentice license in the state you are currently working
2. Provide assistance on the job (certain duties will depend on your trade)
3. Prepare and clean construction sites
4. Gather materials needed for workers on the job site
5. Assist in building structures for business and construction sites requiring the use of heavy equipment
6. Unload and load materials, read plans and specifications
7. Transport tools and equipment to the work area
8. Recognize, set up, and operate hand and power tools and equipment
9. Clean, maintain, and service equipment and tools
10. Safely operate and tend machinery and/or equipment
11. Operate heavy equipment and machinery in the performance of the essential duties
12. Work with and around hazardous materials, as well as at heights and in confined spaces in the
performance of these essential duties
13. May be required to drive a vehicle to various job sites throughout working hours
14. Maintain a valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company policy
15. Work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner
16. Regular attendance and punctuality are essential for employee job performance
17. Perform other duties as assigned
ENVIRONMENT, PHYSICAL AND MENTAL REQUIREMENTS
Exposure to varying outdoor conditions, loud noise, dust, toxic chemicals and materials, varying fumes or odors; slippery or uneven walking surfaces; and work in ditches/excavations
Work at heights, such as by working on ladders, scaffolds, platforms, tops of single and multi-story buildings, as well as working in confined spaces such as underneath single-story and multi-story buildings
Must be able to perform manual and repetitive tasks and body movements including climbing, lifting, reaching, gripping, stooping, bending, walking, standing, and carrying; moving materials and manipulating things
Must be able to work in overhead structures and around and beneath machinery
Must be able to complete job duties proficiently while adapting to changing demands and priorities
Must have the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and concentrate for long periods of time to perform duties in a safe manner
This position is designated as a safety-sensitive position as it requires the ability to concentrate for long periods of time while: operating, maintaining, and monitoring heavy equipment, machinery, and motor vehicles. This work will often be done with and around hazardous materials at elevated heights and confined spaces. A lapse of attention on the job could result in injury, illness, or death.
Skills & Competencies
• High school diploma or general education degree (GED) is a plus.
• Must be able to obtain and or hold an active apprentice license in the state you are currently working in.
• Understanding of traditional building materials, practices, and techniques preferred
• Mechanical aptitude, including their designs, uses, repair, and maintenance preferred.
• All employees must provide and maintain the required tool inventory for this position.
• The ability to travel out of town for short or extended periods is a plus.
• Must possess mathematical, mechanical, and technical skills.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Ability to communicate clearly with employees & customers.
• Ability and willingness to work overtime and non-standard schedule: nights, weekends and holidays
4C2 offers a comprehensive benefits package to include the following:
· Company provided basic life insurance
· 401k matching
· Paid Time Off
· Wellness Programs
· Education Assistance
· Additional voluntary: life, accident, cancer, critical care, and hospitalization coverage