About the Company
At 4C2 Electrical, we believe that people are the greatest asset of any company. We also believe that our clients deserve the highest quality workmanship and customer service that we can offer.
4C2 is currently seeking a PROJECT MANAGER for the electrical division. This individual will plan, direct, or coordinate, activities concerned with the construction and maintenance of structures, facilities, and systems. Participate in the conceptual development of a construction project and oversee its organization, scheduling, budgeting, and implementation.
About the Role
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each of the following Essential Duties satisfactorily.
1. Ability to meet customers, walk project sites, obtain bid documents, estimate, and provide detailed written proposals.
2. Review and become familiar with the project drawings, specifications, contract requirements, and the overall schedule
3. Attend contractor and client progress meetings
4. Manage multiple projects.
5. Effectively manage changes in project scope and costs by:
6. Preparing change order estimates.
7. Managing change order requests
8. Tracking changes through final execution
9. Negotiating potential change order costs with clients.
10. Negotiating potential change order costs with sub-contractors.
11. Develop a schedule for labor, material and equipment deliveries for the project.
12. Coordinate ordering project materials and equipment.
13. Effectively balance labor allocations to minimize hours spent against quality and schedule
14. Effectively manage time delays with client or general contractor
15. Ensure that 4C2 quality standards are maintained for all work installed on the project
16. Store current as-built drawings throughout the project with project Superintendent/Foremen
17. Promote 4C2 safety policy on the project and develop site specific safety plan (if one does not already exist)
18. Work with foremen to prepare material and equipment submittals for approval by engineer
19. Order, coordinate, and assist in preparation and delivery of shop and fabrication drawings for submittal
20. Manage sub-contractor contracts, payments, submittals and progress on the project
21. Assist in preparing monthly client billings
22. Assist estimator with approving/disapproving subcontractor, vendor material, and equipment invoices
23. Communicate with accounting department to enter costs and changes in accounting system where applicable
24. Track and compare project costs against the project budget and forecast project expenses
25. Prepare as-built drawings, O&M manuals, final billing, and other closeout documentation for approval submission
26. Generate internal punch list with 4C2 Foremen and complete items on the list prior to client generated and issued punch list
27. Follow-up and successfully remedy warranty issues related to project in a timely manner
28. Maintain excellent relationship with client. Achieve 100% client satisfaction with work on project.
29. Operate equipment and machinery in the performance of the essential duties
30. Work with and around hazardous materials, as well as at heights and in confined spaces in the performance
of these essential duties
31. Drive a vehicle to various jobsites throughout working hours
a. Maintain valid driver’s license and driving record that meets company policy.
32. Work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner
33. Regular attendance and punctuality are essential for employee job performance
34. Perform other duties as assigned
Exposure to varying indoor and outdoor conditions, loud noise, dust, slippery or uneven walking surfaces
Must be able to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
May perform manual and repetitive tasks and body movements including bending, stooping, climbing, reaching, pulling, pushing, lifting, and carrying.
Must be able to perform repetitive motion of hands, wrists, and arms.
Must be able to visit job sites and perform duties with and around hazardous and/or flammable materials, as well as monitor heavy equipment and machinery.
Must be able to complete job duties proficiently while adapting to changing demands and priorities.
Must have the ability to work in a constant state of alertness and concentrate for long periods of time to perform duties in a safe manner.
This position is designated as a safety-sensitive position as it requires the ability to concentrate for long periods of time while: operating, maintaining, and monitoring heavy equipment, machinery, and motor vehicles. This work will often be done with and around hazardous materials at elevated heights and confined spaces. A lapse of attention on the job could result in injury, illness, or death.
Skills & Competencies
• Must have High school diploma or general education degree (GED)
• Must have College degree and/or 5 years of practical construction project knowledge.
• Must possess good written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be Proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
• Must have experience and working knowledge of how long it takes and what materials are required to accomplish specific tasks and to make systems operational.
• Must have good decision making and problem-solving capabilities.
• Must have strong math skills for billings, tracking, and forecasting project costs.
• Must have a good working knowledge of construction sequencing.
• Must be able to work in a team environment.
• Must have good organizational and time-management skills.
• Previous project/construction management experience is preferred.
• Must be able to read blueprints, schematics, and other construction documentation.
• Must have good customer service abilities.
• Must have good leadership skills.
• Ability and willingness to work overtime and non-standard schedule: nights, weekends and holidays as/if required.
• A current valid driver’s license is required.
• Previous experience in food manufacturing, industrial application, and material product handling facilities preferred.
4C2 offers a comprehensive benefits package to include the following:
· Company provided basic life insurance
· 401k matching
· Paid Time Off
· Wellness Programs
· Education Assistance
· Additional voluntary: life, accident, cancer, critical care, and hospitalization coverage